- When lighting a soy candle for the first time, allow the wax to melt all the way to the sides of the container this should take between 2 - 4 hours.
- This will give you maximum fragrance and an even burn.
- Failure to do this will often cause "tunneling" which will limit the life of your new soy candle.
Trimming the Wick
- Soy wax does not burn as hot as paraffin wax, so soy wax candles require a thicker wick, which does not burn 100% and needs to be trimmed regularly.
- Aim to trim your wick to about 5mm before you re-light your candle. This will ensure a long lasting candle, minimize soot and remove any mushrooming of carbon on the end of the wick.
- Keep your candle covered with our wooden lid when not in use to maintain the strong scent.
- Do not burn your candle for longer than 4 hours. This will cause 'mushrooming' of the wick caused by a build up of carbon and a sooty residue.
- Your candle container is made of glass and therefore if heated for longer than 4 hours could cause the glass the shatter.
- All of our containers are recyclable but can also be used as storage for small items such as jewelry and makeup brushes once you have finished your candle.